Monday 5 November 2012

Film Response for One Flew Over Cuckoo's the Nest


After watching the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest I realized that while reading the novel, I had interpreted the characters and main conflicts much differently than the director of the movie. I also realized that the visuals one receives while reading about a character are much less judgemental appearance wise of those we receive when watching the movie. As I was reading the book I realized that the patients in the ward weren't really that crazy at all. The characteristics given by Bromden were very descriptive and even so, I only received a few notifications that the people were insane. Contrary to the film, at first glance of the characters they seemed completely out of their minds. In my opinion, the director intensified the patients personalities rendering the movie much more dramatic and interesting. Something I noticed throughout the film was the humour and the fact that it was fun to watch. The content in the movie was taken much more lightly, contrary to the novel. The director of the film had a different purpose, to entertain the viewer, he did so by completely changing the atmosphere of dark and institutional to a typical insane asylum with a humorous twist. For example, while reading the novel we look at the patients as the nurses subjects and that she owns them, where as in the film they seem much less afraid of her. I noticed many changes in how conflicts were shown in the movie but they never changed the significance of the story or theme itself therefore there is no real need to talk about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment