Friday 26 October 2012

Choice Assignment - Songs connected to Lord Of The Flies

  • Song: "Island In The Sun"; Artist: Weezer; Setting: When Ralph, Piggy and Simon are working and the littluns are not helping, just playing. - Chapter 4.
        
 " On an island in the sun
We'll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine I can't control my brain "
 
This part of the lyrics can be connected to the beginning of the novel, where the kids (most of the littluns) "can't control (their) brains" to make some work, such as building huts, because they just want to play and enjoy the island.
 
  • Song: "Rasta Courage"; Artist: SOJA; Setting: Ralph point of view and personality - Specially chapters 1 and 2.
 " Nah give up my faith!
...I and I will strive until
the end of my days, Rasta Courage
"
 
This part of the lyrics can be connected to Ralph's faith that they will be rescued, specially at the beginning of the novel. He always says to the others that they will be found, and he seems to be almost the only kid who keeps insisting on setting the fire  so that some ship or plane can find them, and doing some work. He shows he is courageous, "(striving) until the end of his days" until they are rescued.
 
  •  Song: "Drop The World"; Artist: Lil' Wayne; Setting: Jack's personality and his fascination for hunting - All over the novel.
" I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes
Hate in my heart, love in my mind "

This part of the lyrics can be connected to Jack's personality. First of all, he is very rude and hateful; he doesn't care about other's feelings and thoughts. "(He) got ice in (his) veins; Hate in (his) heart". It can also be connected to his passion for hunting. He is obsessed with that. He seems to enjoy the bloodiness that he make when he hunts. "Blood in (his) eyes; Love in (his) mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment